I also put the wiring for the volt amp meter in but the amperage reading does not work. I ordered another meter this time with a 100 amp range instead of 200 A. I also saw online that other people were having trouble with the amp meter in that the shunt was not tuned correctly. I will have to make sure the new one is calibrated on the bench before I bring it to the boat.
I removed the rub rails to clean them and reattach them with butyl tape and new screws. I hope this stops the rain leak as this is the most likely source.
I also fixed the drain in the sink which in turn fixed the sump pump vapor lock situation so it can now drain the bilge.