Sunday, June 21, 2015

Doing some repairs.

I took Friday off and came down to the boat and worked on it through Saturday. I didn't even get to take it out. I installed the radio that my father and I analyzed over the week and found out we really should jumper two pins to get the connector to work right. currently the two power wires need to be exactly the same voltage or at least within five votes for the radio to turn on and the way I had it wired up didn't work.

I also put the wiring for the volt amp meter in but the amperage reading does not work. I ordered another meter this time with a 100 amp range instead of 200 A. I also saw online that other people were having trouble with the amp meter in that the shunt was not tuned correctly. I will have to make sure the new one is calibrated on the bench before I bring it to the boat.

 I removed the rub rails to clean them and reattach them with butyl tape and new screws. I hope this stops the rain leak as this is the most likely source.

I also fixed the drain in the sink which in turn fixed the sump pump vapor lock situation so it can now drain the bilge.


No comments:

Post a Comment