Monday, March 30, 2015

So much to do so little time.

Last weekend I went to the boat with Jacob who was my helper for the day. While we were there I used a bucket head wet/dry vac to suck the water out of the bilge. This was the best method so far to completely empty the bilge. Then I tried to glue the sump pump into place using 5200. Then we installed the new VHF radio but I was unable to receive anything on it.


This weekend on Saturday I pulled the Mercury 9.9 motor I bought last year out of storage and tested it out with a hose motor flusher and a jump start from my car. It started right up. I then took it to the marina and with the help of my uncle and his friend we lifted it up onto the boat.

Sunday, I filmed what I was doing...




So after I got my batteries all squared away I mounted a bilge pump switch and wired it in from the charge controllers accessory output connector and tested it to make sure it works as expected. I also connected the wires to the outboard engine. Then I put a new antenna connector on the VHF as the old one was cracked at the wire pretty bad.  I don't know if it is working the best it can but at least I was able to receive the weather broadcast now.

No comments:

Post a Comment