Monday, April 6, 2015

Splash

I went down and watched as they put the boat into the water. I filmed it as well but I lost the base to my camcorder and can't get the video off of it without it. I have ordered a cable for it but it may not arrive before I sail the boat on the 11th from Jersey City to Forked River.  I talked to the Service manager at Liberty Landing Marina and he let me keep the boat in the service docks until Saturday saving me a bunch of money on transient docking. When I get the video off of the camcorder I will post it here.

Once in the water I checked that it was not leaking then did some cleaning inside and put the cushions back into the boat. Lorraine helped me bring the cushions to the boat and watched it go in the water. So at least she finally got to see it. I also paired my iPhone to the radio so I can play my tunes/audiobooks. I also turned on the instruments and noticed my Autohelm ST50 was showing 0.0 for the depth. So I may have to sail it without knowing the depths below me. Since the boat was not moving I don't know if the knot meter is functioning yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment